Terms of entry
By submitting an entry, you have agreed to our T&C’s below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By entering the Awards the Entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and to be bound by them. These terms and conditions include any instructions set out with the Entry Form.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
3. Entrants may enter multiple special categories.
4. Any employees (and their families) of the Organiser, its agents and anybody professionally connected with the competition are not eligible for entry.
5. The Awards are open to UK retail convenience stores only. Overseas entrants are not eligible.
6. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
7. Entries and photographs must be uploaded online by 12th November 2018.
8. Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted online, completed in full, and accompanied by the required photographs and supporting material.
9. Entries must be submitted by the person responsible for submitting the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the Awards should be addressed.
10. Responsibility cannot be accepted for any lost, late or mislaid entry and any entry which is incomplete, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the Organiser.
11. The Awards will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Organiser.
12. The judges will select a minimum of three finalists from each category in January 2019 against the criteria set out in the category page. Finalists will be notified by email no later than 1st February 2019 and will be offered one complimentary place at the Awards dinner taking place on Thursday 14th March at Westbourne Suite, The Royal Lancaster, London. There will be one Award winner selected from the finalists in each category and announced at the dinner.
13. The judges may decline to make any award in any category if in their opinion there are insufficient entries of a winning standard.
14. The Award finalists will each receive a certificate with overall winners each receiving a trophy.
15. Details of the winners will be published in Convenience Store and The Grocer in March 2019.
16. The Organiser reserves the right to change the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
17. The decision of the Chairman of the judges on all matters affecting the Awards is final and legally binding.
18. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. Winners may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
20. If people are registering to attend our shows then we can make it a condition of registration that they consent to being included in film taken at the show.
21. Entrants consent to the publication by the Organiser in connection with the Awards of any of the documents or materials constituting their entry.
22. Any winner may publicise their Award provided the year in which it was won is stated. The Organiser licences any winner to use the official Awards logo in connection with its award for a period of 24 months following the Awards.
23. By entering the Awards all Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the Awards and any other purposes to which the Entrant has consented.
24. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
25. The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Business Media Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.