Are you proud of your store, staff and standards? Do you believe in your business? Then you and your team are what our Convenience Retail Award judges are looking for! This is a fantastic opportunity to be rewarded and recognised by the whole C-Store sector – your customers, partners, suppliers and team.
“This was the first time we’d enter the Convenience Retail Awards and boy are we glad we did! The entry process was straightforward and, looking back, I would have been glad I’d done it even if we hadn’t won.”
– Scott Graham of McLeish, Inverurie
This year we have a line-up of great business categories to give your store even more opportunity to shine!
How to enter
Before you enter please double check against our checklist.
- You must be an independent or multiple convenience store owner
- Check the category descriptions to make sure you qualify
- Complete the entry form
The first stage of judging is based entirely on your entry form and relevant photograph, so please ensure your entry shows your store at its best.
You will need the following information to complete our entry form:
- Store and contact details
- Store category
- A photo
You will be asked to provide information about your store’s achievements in the areas listed below:
- Average weekly turnover, year-on-year turnover increase, the years trading.
These will give us an idea of your business success and recent business growth.
- Key product categories
We are looking for a good convenience range, so please list the key elements that make up your product range.
- Community support activity
Please explain the role played by the in-store team in engaging with both customers and the local community.
- Points of difference
If you have introduced any innovations such as new products, merchandising initiatives, marketing techniques, in-store technology, or improvements to the delivery of customer value, let us know here.
- Why you should win
This last field is for you to outline what makes your store different and truly special. It might be your team of staff, your history of investment or overcoming obstacles. We’re looking for a great story to go with your great store!
Images in jpeg format, maximum file size 2MB.
Photographs should include:
• One exterior/shopfront showing fascia and any signage
• One photograph of yourself and manager/business partner if applicable
• Till point/counter
• Evidence of local community involvement/local product sourcing
• Any other significant points of difference at your store
• Clear views of all the major product categories.
• High standards of cleanliness, product availability and in-store theatre.
The first stage of judging is based entirely on your photographs and entry form, so please ensure your photographs show your store at its best.
Need a little helping hand? Click here for a ‘how to guide’ on submitting an entry.
Terms & Conditions
Please read all terms and conditions of entry here